Feb 26, 2015, 10:23 AM EST
Two weeks ago Francisco Rodriguez was said to be holding out for a two-year contract.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
Rasmus, that is.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Hear what a few major leaguers have to say about the new pace of play rules officially announced on Friday.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:20 PM EST
The Mariners jettisoned Edgar Olmos to make room for Rickie Weeks on the 40-man roster.
Feb 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Feb 12, 2015, 9:01 AM EST
Last year he was NOT into that idea. Now that Robinson Cano is a teammate, he’s going to have to get used to not being a second baseman.
Feb 11, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and Sirius XM, the Mariners have signed free agent Rickie Weeks to a one-year contract worth around $2 million.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 PM EST
Laird spent the past two seasons in Atlanta.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Padres general manager A.J. Preller has been very active on the trade front this offseason, but he might not be done yet.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EST
The Brewers remain in the market for a closer, but trade talks for Papelbon don’t have much momentum at the moment.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:02 PM EST
Cotts compiled a 2.84 ERA in 131 appearances with the Rangers over the past two seasons.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:35 PM EST
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said he’s not looking to add a notable starting pitcher.
Jan 23, 2015, 2:50 AM EST
Milwaukee might have found a way to spend Yovani Gallardo’s money.
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EST
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:31 AM EST
The Brewers and Rangers are reviewing medical records. Assuming there are no red flags, Yovani Gallardo will head to Texas.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EST
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
“I’m going to do something not a lot of people get to do.”
Jan 15, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Maldonado, 28, batted .234/.320/.387 with four home runs and 16 RBI over 52 games last season while serving as Jonathan Lucroy’s backup.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Gorzelanny missed the first two-and-a-half months of last season recovering from shoulder surgery, but was great upon returning to the Brewers in mid-June with a 0.86 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
He’s probably not the one who knocks. Indeed, this crew seemed so amateurish he probably called first to make sure it was a good time for everyone.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 247
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (247)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)