Jun 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Khris Davis needed surgery about a month ago for a torn meniscus in his right knee.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that the Dodgers and Cubs were among the teams with interest in a trade for Mets left-hander Jon Niese.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
But they’ve said this before too, and there has been no action. Why?
Jun 25, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
DeGrom has allowed two earned runs or fewer in eight straight starts and now owns a 2.15 ERA and 100/18 K/BB ratio in 100 1/3 innings over 15 starts this season.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Perez allowed eight runs on 14 hits in 7 2/3 innings this season at Colorado Springs. He may be done.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He hit .167.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Now that Alex Rodriguez has reached the milestone, who will be next to make it to 3,000 hits?
Jun 17, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez was held out of the Brewers’ starting lineup on Monday and Tuesday night because of discomfort in his hip, but an MRI turned up negative for structural damage …
Jun 16, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was a late scratch from Monday’s series opener against the Royals and he is out of the starting lineup again on Tuesday, but his hip issue is not overly serious …
Jun 16, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
If the Brewers trade Aramis Ramirez they could turn to Dominguez as his replacement at third base.
Jun 15, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Let’s try to get worked up over something that doesn’t matter. I mean, more so than we normally do.
Jun 14, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Max Scherzer had the swing-and-miss stuff working on Sunday, setting a new personal best for strikeouts in a start.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 12, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Thursday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Brewers over the scuffling Nationals.
Jun 10, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Ramirez is hitting just .213/.257/.390 in 48 games this season for the Brewers and he’s making $14 million in the final year of a four-year, $46 million contract. But the Mets are desperate for a boost of some kind …
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 6, 2015, 1:39 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is back in the Brewers’ lineup this afternoon against the Twins after missing two games following another cryotherapy procedure on his right thumb.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Strasburg landed on the disabled list last weekend due to a left trapezius strain, but he’s already back on the mound.
Jun 5, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Brian Matusz did not have his eight-game suspension reduced by Major League Baseball.
Jun 5, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Smith will begin serving the suspension tonight.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Braun has hit .293 with seven homers and a .972 OPS in his last 25 games
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Gerardo Parra will be an everyday player with Davis out.
Jun 1, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
Last season Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)