New York Mets
Mar 2, 2015, 8:58 PM EST
The Mets cut back on defensive shifts with Wheeler on the mound last season because of his concerns.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:25 PM EST
Ruben Tejada has been something of a lightning rod, and he recently received criticism from a former teammate and mentor.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Yes, this is mostly just an excuse to post a picture of Bartolo Colon
Feb 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
While Daniel Murphy would like to discuss a contract extension with the Mets, it looks like a foregone conclusion that he will test free agency after the 2015 season.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
Bobby Parnell is going to open the 2015 regular season on the 15-day disabled list, but an early-May debut seems to be within reach at this moment.
Feb 24, 2015, 3:43 PM EST
Not exactly big news, but it is our first injury of spring training, so we should make note of it.
Feb 22, 2015, 9:02 AM EST
Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, and Travis d’Arnaud offer predictions for tonight’s Academy Awards …
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 21, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Mets manager Terry Collins said back in December that right-hander Matt Harvey might not make his season debut until the team’s home opener on April 13, but it appears that there has been a change of plans.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:14 PM EST
Matt Harvey won’t be on the Stephen Strasburg plan.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Before blowing out his elbow Parnell posted a 2.79 ERA with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings from 2010-2013.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EST
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:03 PM EST
Young was non-tendered by the Mets in December.
Feb 12, 2015, 8:25 AM EST
Some columnist claiming Harvey “just doesn’t get it” in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
Feb 11, 2015, 9:13 PM EST
Matt Harvey arrived at Mets camp on Monday, almost two weeks before pitchers and catchers are required to report, and on Tuesday he stepped atop a mound for his first official bullpen session of the spring.
Feb 11, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
Which is absolutely fabulous. For reasons that may not be immediately apparent.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:29 AM EST
I’d guess that’d be about a week after the twelfth of never.
Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Below mostly pitched as a starter last season with the Tigers’ Triple-A affiliate.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:55 AM EST
Jon Niese was bothered by some arm issues last season, but as these things often go, we don’t learn how painful it really was until way after the fact.
Feb 2, 2015, 9:12 PM EST
The Mets have had a quiet winter, but GM Sandy Alderson thinks they have the potential to improve by 10 wins from 2014.
Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 AM EST
Who’s got one finger pointed at the camera and just agreed to a deal for $4.2 million? This guy, right here.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Mejia requested a salary of $3 million from the Mets and was offered $2.1 million when arbitration figures were exchanged on January 16.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:05 AM EST
Murphy has produced a .288/.327/.407 batting line over the past three seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)