New York Yankees
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
The greatest trick baseball columnists ever pulled was convincing the world that the way they frame a topic is the only way to approach the topic.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Grant Balfour was designated for assignment following a disastrous Saturday night against the Yankees.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Mike Trout became the youngest to join the 100/100 club with a two-run home run on Friday night.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has two home runs on Friday night, leaving him two round-trippers shy of tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
A-Rod is now three home runs away from tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle, baseball’s timeless left-hander, is reportedly considering retiring after the season.
Apr 16, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner hasn’t played since he suffered a bone bruise in his right wrist when he was hit by a pitch on Monday, but he’s expected to return Friday against the Rays.
The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract
Apr 16, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
It appears as if Major League Baseball is trying to unilaterally re-write the Joint Drug Agreement. Again.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Jeter is doing better than the Yankees and their new shortstop.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Watch as Alex Rodriguez takes O’s starter Bud Norris way yard Wednesday night in Baltimore …
Apr 14, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch comes word that Yankees right-hander Ivan Nova threw 20 pitches of live batting practice on Tuesday afternoon at the Yankees’ spring training complex in Tampa, Florida. It was his first time facing hitters since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last April.
Apr 14, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
For an encore they’re going to prove that black is white and get themselves killed on the next zebra crossing.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
One guy draws attention to himself, thinks he’s more important than everyone else and doesn’t follow rules. The other one is the Yankees DH.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Tanaka is trying to avoid Tommy John elbow surgery.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox are expected to get closer Koji Uehara back from the disabled list on Monday.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Barry Bonds says he’ll celebrate when Alex Rodriguez ties his godfather Willie Mays for fourth place on the all-time home run leaderboard with 660 home runs.
Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)