New York Yankees
Feb 15, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
The Yankees have a surfeit of #5 starter candidates, but Chris Capuano appears to be the early favorite.
Feb 14, 2015, 3:35 PM EST
Davis was one of the biggest victims of increased shifting around MLB last season. He wants to be better prepared this year.
Feb 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Alex Rodriguez met with members of the Yankees braintrust this week in attempt to clear the air for the drama over the past couple of years. Assuming the next step on his make-good campaign is an apology press conference, the Yankees have offered up Yankee Stadium as a venue.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 11, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
Nova avoided arbitration with the Yankees by agreeing to a one-year, $3.3 million deal.
Feb 11, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
The Daily News informs us about the importance of sticking to reality.
Feb 10, 2015, 8:11 PM EST
Well, that’s what happens when you have two lawyers in the room.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
CC Sabathia topped 200 innings in seven consecutive seasons from 2007-2013, but he was limited to just eight starts last season due to right knee surgery. He’s hoping to get back to being a workhorse in 2015.
Feb 9, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
There’s a lot riding on Masahiro Tanaka’s elbow this season.
Feb 9, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
With a cameo appearance from Alex Rodriguez!
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
A lot of folks, actually. His manager, his general manager and the team’s broadcaster, for example.
Feb 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
His “good, calming influence” is gone now, they worry.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
At age 41 he’ll be joining the Marlins in a backup role, playing behind starting outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:42 PM EST
I’m sure you’ve been worried about whether he would.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:31 AM EST
Hey guys, if things break just right we may get another A-Rod lawsuit!
Jan 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Another New York Daily News source added that A-Rod is looking “noticeably thinner and massless,” so you get the sense these bits of information — however truthful — definitely aren’t coming from his camp.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:02 AM EST
With Rob Manfred set to take over for Bud Selig as MLB commissioner on Sunday, Alex Rodriguez recently paid him a visit in an attempt to clear the air and turn the page on the drama surrounding the Biogenesis scandal.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
The Braves added some outfield depth on Friday, claiming Eury Perez off waivers from the Yankees.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:10 PM EST
Reliever Gonzalez Germen has now joined his fourth club of the off-season as the Cubs claimed him off waivers from the Rangers on Friday.
Jan 23, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
It has been long-rumored, now it appears to be happening.
Jan 21, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
Seems like that’s about as much as Ichiro can expect at this point.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (278)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)