New York Yankees
Jan 21, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
Seems like that’s about as much as Ichiro can expect at this point.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
The defending AL East-champion Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agent outfielders like Norichika Aoki and Colby Rasmus, but Aoki signed with the Giants on Monday and Rasmus agreed to a deal Tuesday with the Astros. So, what now?
Jan 20, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
Germen was designated for assignment by the Yankees on January 13 to open up a 40-man roster spot for reliever Chris Martin, who was acquired off waivers from the Rockies.
Jan 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
The Marlins already have Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna in-house, so they are looking at Suzuki as a fourth outfielder.
Jan 16, 2015, 5:04 PM EST
The Yankees and starter Michael Pineda agreed on a $2.1 million salary on Friday, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:51 PM EST
Nova will reportedly get the same $3.3 million salary he received in 2014, which is fairly standard for a player who missed the entire season due to injury.
Jan 11, 2015, 11:50 PM EST
Ichiro Suzuki, Nate Schierholtz, Andy Dirks, and Will Venable top the Marlins’ list of fourth-outfielder candidates.
Jan 10, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
CC Sabathia will start throwing bullpens at the end of January as he recovers from knee surgery last July.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Inside: the guide to how to take Alex Rodriguez’s deposition.
Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EST
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 7, 2015, 1:28 PM EST
If he’s willing to be a bench player for low dough, Ichiro can probably find work in 2015.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:47 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees have worked out the framework of a one-year contract with free agent infielder Stephen Drew. It’s expected to carry a base salary of around $5 million …
Jan 6, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
Too soon? Nah, it’s never too soon for talk about Ken Griffey, Jr.
Jan 5, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Ichiro would likely be a backup outfielder next season.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 1, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Hiroki Kuroda had an offer from the Padres before ultimately deciding to return to Japan, according to a report.
Dec 30, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Stephen Drew has been connected to several teams this offseason despite batting just .162/.237/.299 in 2014 for the Red Sox and Yankees.
Dec 29, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Nomar over Trammell? McGriff and Sheffield over Bagwell and Raines? Lee Smith at all? Take it away Jay Dunn!
Dec 29, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He brings back a minor league righty
Dec 27, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Heath Bell is looking to hang on with the Nationals in 2015, and he’ll earn at least $1 million.
Dec 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
After seven years in the United States, Hiroki Kuroda is heading home.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)