New York Yankees
Jun 13, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Just a few days after signing Sergio Santos to a minor league contract, the Yankees have promoted the right-hander to the major league bullpen.
Jun 12, 2015, 2:41 PM EDT
David Carpenter takes his spot.
Jun 12, 2015, 8:46 AM EDT
He’s shut down from throwing for at least two weeks.
Jun 11, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Hitting .318 with more walks (27) than strikeouts (23) and a .795 OPS in 54 games between Double-A and Triple-A.
Jun 11, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
In exchange for minor league infielder Tony Renda.
Jun 10, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Dellin Betances will step into the closer role.
Jun 10, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
He missed the first two-plus months of the season with a strained calf muscle.
Jun 9, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Nova threw 4.2 innings at Single-A.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 7, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Sabathia gave up back-to-back solo homers to Mike Trout and Albert Pujols in the top of the first inning but was otherwise sharp in the Yankees’ eventual 6-2 victory.
Jun 7, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit a towering solo shot — the 535th home run of his career — Sunday off CC Sabathia …
Jun 6, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Michael Pineda has been excellent this season, but he’s currently on pace to shatter his career-high in innings, so the Yankees will give him some extra rest before his next start.
Jun 5, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez broke a tie with Barry Bonds to move into sole possession of fourth place on MLB’s all-time RBI leaderboard.
Jun 4, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Brian McCann was forced to make an early exit from yesterday’s game against the Mariners due to right foot soreness, but the Yankees got some good news today.
Jun 4, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
He could later be deported to the Dominican Republic.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
It sure sounds like the Yankees are going to be without Brian McCann for an extended period …
Jun 3, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
Tanaka allowed just three hits and one run over seven innings, striking out nine Seattle hitters. He probably could have gone the distance …
Jun 3, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tanaka missed six weeks with a forearm injury.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Next up on the list is Mickey Mantle with 536.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Everybody got a piece of Lloyd McClendon’s mind last night.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Three years ago today Johan Santana pitched a no-hitter. It may have cost him his career. If he had to do it all over again, would he?
May 29, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
“. . . and that’s a good thing.”
May 29, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
Corey Kulber’s last four starts: 3-0 with 50 strikeouts and two walks in 32 innings. Yowza.
May 28, 2015, 11:39 PM EDT
Red Sox prospect left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings in his major league debut against the Rangers on Thursday.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)