New York Yankees
Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Clark adds that the leaks “are cowardly, undermine the integrity of our collectively bargained agreements and in some instances have been wholly inaccurate.”
Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez has an update on the ongoing extension negotiations between Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto and veteran closer Huston Street …
Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.
Mar 4, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
He successfully rehabbed a torn UCL in his right elbow last season and the Yankees’ fingers remain crossed that the 26-year-old from Japan will be able to avoid Tommy John elbow reconstructive surgery.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
A-Rod singled in his first at-bat.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Let us applaud one writer’s brave effort to battle the beast that is A-Rod Derangement Syndrome.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Will he be the same Tanaka this spring?
Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
Mar 2, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
After facing a pitching machine during an intrasquad game today, Alex Rodriguez is ready for his first real-live game action since September of 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
The Padres signed outfielder Tyson Gillies to a minor league deal, perhaps hopeful he could turn his fortunes around with a new organization.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Chase Headley is expected to be the team’s regular third baseman this season, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants if Rodriguez can be a potential backup to Mark Teixeira.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Hill, who turns 35 next month, bounced around three different organizations last year and mostly pitched in the minors.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
Everyone worried that A-Rod would be a “distraction.” Well, he has been. And that’s a good thing.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is due $30 million in marketing bonuses from the Yankees for reaching certain milestone markers between career home runs 660 and 763 — 763 being the all-time home run record.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
He credits a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and 13 pounds of added muscle.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
And he’s not going to sit in judgment of someone. Because he does not believe it is his job to do so. Imagine.
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
Because of course.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 22, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
CC Sabathia, 305 pounds. Woof.
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 20, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
I know you’re sick of A-Rod stories, but I’m sorry, when someone refrains from calling him the antichrist, that’s news.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)