New York Yankees
Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Gardner hit .167 in September while playing hurt.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
We have a bad habit when it comes to players who make a lot of money. We should probably back off on that a bit.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
As first reported by Hector Gomez of the Dominican Republic’s Listin Diario, Alfonso Soriano is retiring from baseball after a 16-year major league career.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid his cousin Yuri Sucart nearly $1 million for him to stay silent about his PED use.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
It seems really unlikely that the Yankees will retain their closer. This is probably not a horrible thing for the Yankees.
Nov 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
39-year-old Hiroki Kuroda is unlikely to receive a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees, but David Robertson is.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Veteran lefty Jeff Francis has agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training with the Blue Jays.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
But will he accept it?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 AM EST
History’s Greatest Monsters were happy for different reasons last night.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
The second big front-office defection of the offseason for the Dodgers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Because it is unheard of for Yankees players to have outside interests.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
For the first time, the Florida Department of Health investigator who says his case was hindered by MLB speaks.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
There’s a case to be made that Yankees closer David Robertson could become the first player to accept a qualifying offer.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)