Apr 25, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
Freddy Galvis threw his hat into the ring as an early contender for Play of the Year.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 7, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Not long after signing his four-year, $44 million contract with the Braves in December, outfielder Nick Markakis underwent surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Why hasn’t Ethier been traded yet?
Feb 26, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT
Braves outfielder Nick Markakis recently expressed frustration about how contract talks with the Orioles broke down over the winter.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
Markakis needed fusion surgery for a herniated disk in his neck two weeks after signing a four-year, $44 million free agent contract with the Braves. So of course the Orioles’ reluctance to sign him was about his neck.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Aoki has a .287 batting average and a .353 on-base percentage over three seasons in the majors and would be a candidate to take over the leadoff spot for Baltimore.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Young, 29, batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS (120 OPS+) over 255 plate appearances this past season.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
He is expected to be able to resume baseball activities before Spring Training begins.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 5, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Well, this helps explain why the Orioles backed away.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Oh, he’s a “true professional?” So we have to pay him?
Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Here is Adam Jones’ reaction to the Orioles letting longtime teammate Nick Markakis walk as a free agent …
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)