Feb 28, 2015, 5:28 PM EST
Athletics outfielder Coco Crisp missed more than a week down the stretch in 2012 due to pinkeye and now he’s dealing with it again.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
For the second time this offseason, the Athletics have claimed Alex Hassan off waivers.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
“The only way he is really going to help us is in the bullpen.”
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:25 AM EST
After sitting out 2014, a slimmed-down Blanton is back.
Feb 22, 2015, 6:36 PM EST
Gregg Zaun didn’t really back down from the pro-hazing comments he made recently.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
You know, like Cal Ripken did to Zaun.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EST
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Blanton held an open workout for interested teams earlier this month.
Feb 11, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Jane Lee, the A’s have avoided arbitration with reliever Tyler Clippard by agreeing to a one-year, $8.3 million deal.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Parker, 26, missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EST
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija wants to see “how it is” with the White Sox for half a season, but might consider a contract extension before the 2015 season is over.
Jan 27, 2015, 9:54 AM EST
Great Moments in Spring Training Cliches.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
Tommy Milone underwent neck surgery in December to remove a benign tumor, but he was able to resume throwing just over two weeks later.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
Abad, 29, posted an excellent 1.57 ERA and 51/15 K/BB ratio across 57 1/3 innings out of Oakland’s bullpen in 2014.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 23, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
Sogard requested $1.425 million and the A’s countered at $900,000.
Jan 23, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
He hit .285 with 15 steals and a .707 OPS in 41 games for the Twins last season.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EST
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)