Jun 30, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
Chris Bassitt will start in his place.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
Mike Trout put on a clinic against the Yankees last night.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that the Dodgers and Cubs were among the teams with interest in a trade for Mets left-hander Jon Niese.
Jun 25, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Kemp went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Angels.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ike Davis and Edward Mujica both returned to the Athletics on Friday.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 13, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
A.J. Griffin is off of the disabled list, but will continue to work at Triple-A.
Jun 13, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
Chris Archer was unable to make it four starts in a row with double-digit strikeouts and zero walks.
Jun 13, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
With the Athletics looking like one of the few obvious sellers leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, reliever Tyler Clippard figures to be a popular name.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 11, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
Athletics left-hander Scott Kazmir held the Rangers to just one hit — a single from Elvis Andrus in the third inning — over eight scoreless innings in a 7-0 victory this afternoon. However, he got some help from center fielder Billy Burns, who made a pair of amazing catches…
Chris Archer becomes first in the modern era with three straight double-digit strikeout, zero-walk starts
Jun 7, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Archer has quietly been one of the best pitchers in baseball, particularly lately.
Jun 5, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Nationals are the latest team to have reported interest in Athletics utilityman Ben Zobrist.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
A fan was hit by a shard of Brett Lawrie’s broken bat and had to be taken out on a stretcher.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Everybody got a piece of Lloyd McClendon’s mind last night.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Athletics left-hander Scott Kazmir had to make an early exit from a start last Wednesday against the Tigers after experiencing tightness in his throwing shoulder, but he made it through a …
Jun 1, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Kazmir has a 3.40 ERA in 42 starts since signing with the A’s last offseason.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 31, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
obrist is capable of playing all over the diamond, so he’s a fit for just about every contending team. But the 34-year-old has a …
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)