Aug 17, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
St. Louis’ outfield is very banged up.
Jul 17, 2015, 4:33 PM EDT
Center fielder Peter Bourjos is on the bench.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Matt Holliday has been sidelined since June 8 with a Grade 2 strain of his right quadriceps muscle.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Jay has already had one stint on the disabled list this season due to his nagging wrist injury.
Jun 9, 2015, 7:56 PM EDT
Matt Holliday was placed on the disabled list Tuesday after suffering a right quad injury in the outfield Monday night in Denver. An MRI was taken, and the official diagnosis is in …
Jun 2, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of a more permanent move?
May 28, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Jay has been out since May 10 with a wrist injury.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 14, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos will serve as the Cardinals’ primary center fielder.
May 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Cardinals won again in walk-off fashion and now own baseball’s best record.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
The Cardinals are calling Holliday’s exit “precautionary,” so it’s probably safe to consider him day-to-day.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
A.K.A. When Joe West’s crew bungles a call.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
He requested $5 million for 2015 and the Cardinals countered at $4.1 million.
Nov 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
He’s expected to be ready for spring training.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Jay played through the injury since July, yet he hit .325 in August and September before going 14-for-29 (.483) in the postseason.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EDT
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
He’s expected to return for the final series of the regular season that begins Friday in Arizona.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
The Cardinals are getting hot at the right time. The Pirates: not so much.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jun 24, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Given how he’s playing these days, he’ll have to. But it’s nice to hear him say it.
May 6, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Clearly the Cardinals are not pleased with their center field situation, cycling through Jon Jay, Peter Bourjos, and now Randal Grichuk while getting terrible combined production from the position.
Apr 30, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Peter Bourjos began the season as the Cardinals’ primary center fielder, but then he slumped his way into fewer starts in favor of Jon Jay and now it looks like he’s been benched altogether.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)