Jun 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
Veteran reliever Phil Coke is now with his third organization this season.
Jun 22, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Phil Coke’s brief stint with the Blue Jays is over.
May 18, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
The Cubs paid $2.25 million for Coke to post a 6.30 ERA over 16 appearances.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 8, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
Everyone has already made all of the “relief” jokes. But I’m gonna pile on anyway.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
The Cardinals blanked the Cubs 3-0 on Opening Night in Chicago on Sunday, officially kicking off the 2015 regular season.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
This day has mostly been about who will not be on the Cubs’ Opening Day roster, but it was announced this evening that reliever Phil Coke has earned a spot on the team.
Mar 11, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
He scored a run he shouldn’t have scored and saved at least two runs on defense. And the game is only half over.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
It’s a minor-league deal with major-league money attached.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
Coke is Chicago-bound.
Feb 17, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are “still in discussions with” free agent left-hander Phil Coke, who worked out for the club earlier this month.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
Chamberlain, 29, had a 3.57 ERA and 59/24 K/BB ratio in 63 innings with the Tigers last season.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Lots of themes in this play. Like aspiration, optimism and . . . in the end, I suspect, tragedy.
Feb 3, 2015, 10:58 PM EDT
Phil Coke may be close to finding a new home.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jun 18, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Eh, probably way more complicated than this, but it’s something to obsess about until game time.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Tigers just announced that they’ve reached a one-year deal with Phil Coke. Coke’s a lefty specialist that, presumably, will be paid like a lefty specialist. Of course, early in the year he was given a shot at the closer’s role as Jim Leyland cast about for replacements for Jose Valverde. Coke did poorly with…
Nov 3, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
The Tigers have made a habit of big splashes in the offseasons. Three years ago, it was Victor Martinez. Then Prince Fielder. Last winter, the Tigers signed both Anibal Sanchez and Torii Hunter. Those deals have helped them reach the postseason each year, but the ultimate prize has remained out of reach. As the Tigers…
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)