Mar 4, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since way back in April of 2013.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
GM says “they’re not going to play him for a little while.”
Mar 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
The Phillies kicked off the spring with a loss to a college team.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
From the official Twitter account of the Los Angeles Dodgers …
Feb 28, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
The Padres signed outfielder Tyson Gillies to a minor league deal, perhaps hopeful he could turn his fortunes around with a new organization.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:57 AM EST
It will be his first game action since last July 31.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Ryan Howard had his first full healthy season since 2011 and both GM Ruben Amaro, Jr. and guest instructor Dan Plesac thought he looked like he was in very good shape.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:18 PM EST
Milwaukee out, Toronto in?
Feb 26, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Maybe THIS is the year he finally stops swinging at everything
Feb 25, 2015, 3:10 PM EST
He’s owed $25 million this season and $27.5 million or a $12 million buyout for 2016.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:21 AM EST
Los Angeles is stockpiling pitching depth.
Feb 23, 2015, 7:49 PM EST
Times are changing in Philadelphia. The Phillies traded longtime shortstop Jimmy Rollins during the offseason and it’s likely just a matter of time before they cut ties with Ryan Howard and deal Cole Hamels elsewhere. But what about Chase Utley’s future with the rebuilding club?
Feb 22, 2015, 10:28 PM EST
The Brewers are still plenty interested in bringing Francisco Rodriguez on board. The veteran is reportedly asking for a $10 million salary.
Feb 22, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ruben Amaro made some negative comments about Ryan Howard in a radio appearance back in December. The Phillies’ GM has apologized to Howard for those comments.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 18, 2015, 4:40 PM EST
“I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was checking the internet to see the latest.”
Feb 18, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
“Right now, unless he gets unseated, he’s the first baseman.”
Feb 15, 2015, 3:25 PM EST
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that free agent reliever Chad Gaudin threw a bullpen session in front of Diamondbacks decision-makers this past week at the club’s Salt River Fields spring training complex.
Feb 15, 2015, 12:14 PM EST
The Cardinals, Rangers, and Dodgers have also been connected to Hamels, who posted a terrific 2.46 ERA (1.51 ERA+) and 8.7 K/9 in 204 2/3 innings last season for Philadelphia.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Feb 11, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
ESPN’s Jayson Stark reported Monday that the Padres, Rangers, Dodgers, and Cardinals have “stayed in contact with Phillies on Hamels,” so perhaps those are the four teams that have made these “real” offers.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Figuratively, I assume. And not, like, coming at Ruben Amaro with a crowbar.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said late last month that he was expecting left-hander Cole Hamels to still be with the team when the season begins. He still feels the same way today.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (320)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)