May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The Marlins were considering upgrading their bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.
May 23, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
A pair of previously injured and aging first basemen have performed well as baseball’s second month nears its conclusion.
May 22, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz kept pace with Bryce Harper, taking back the MLB lead in home runs shortly after losing it.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 21, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Phillies have reportedly talked to the Angels about a deal involving Revere.
May 21, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Howard homered in back-to-back games at Coors Field and is now up to nine home runs on the season.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 19, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s outfield will be crowded soon.
May 19, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Or: youth is a state of mind.
May 19, 2015, 6:10 AM EDT
Not a full schedule yesterday but all but one game was decided by one run. And Josh Donaldson probably needs to have his mouth washed out with Lifebuoy.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 17, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Chad Billingsley is back on the disabled list with a strained right shoulder.
May 16, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
If you’re going to hit your first career home run, why not make it a grand slam?
May 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He replaces Cody Asche.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 10:07 PM EDT
Citizens Bank Park — home of the Philadelphia Phillies — is only around eight miles from the location of Tuesday night’s Amtrak train derailment that killed seven and injured hundreds of others.
May 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Prepping for Maikel Franco’s arrival in Philadelphia.
May 11, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
Phillies third baseman Maikel Franco has hit well at Triple-A and could join the big league club soon.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 10, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
A dad holding his baby caught a foul ball bare-handed at Citizens Bank Park.
May 10, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Philadelphia entered play Sunday with an 11-20 record and there’s very little hope for a turnaround. It’s a rebuilding team, and Harang is on a one-year, $5 million free agent deal. He’s as good as gone.
May 10, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
What year is it again?
May 9, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Chase Utley is batting a miserable .099 and has been benched for three of the Phillies’ last four games, but Mike Schmidt is still a believer.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)