Feb 9, 2015, 4:07 PM EST
Of course, he was healthy last year at this time too.
Feb 9, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Know we know which injured Texas Ranger is doing better.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The Rangers and Mitch Moreland settled on a $2.95 million salary for the 2015 season, avoiding arbitration.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 8, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Don’t click on this as if you don’t know exactly what you’re gonna get.
Jun 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler homered Tuesday in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas and then taunted his former teammates while trotting down the first base line.
Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Rangers last week, veteran first baseman is back in the majors as part of Texas’ never-ending need for injury reinforcements.
Jun 17, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
The blows keep coming for the battered Rangers. According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, first baseman Mitch Moreland informed the club on Tuesday evening that he will undergo reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and miss the remainder of the 2014 season.
Jun 17, 2014, 1:14 PM EST
In their never-ending quest to find depth in a season filled with injuries, the Rangers have signed veteran first baseman Carlos Pena to a minor-league contract.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Kendrys Morales can add another suitor to the list now that he is no longer attached to draft pick compensation.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 22, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
The hits keep on coming for the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
In another brutal blow for the Rangers, Prince Fielder is tentatively scheduled to undergo cervical fusion surgery on Tuesday. He’s expected to miss the rest of the season.
May 22, 2014, 2:53 PM EST
Some potentially bad news for the Rangers.
May 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Prince Fielder’s consecutive games played streak ended up 547 over the weekend when he missed back-to-back games with a herniated disk in his neck, but the Rangers first baseman is back in the lineup tonight against the Mariners.
May 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
In life, you can count on death, taxes, and Prince Fielder being in the lineup. That is, until Saturday night.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 29, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Moving from the Tigers to the Rangers and their hitter-friendly ballpark was supposed to help get Prince Fielder back on track after a solid but unspectacular 2013 season that saw him set career-lows in homers, slugging percentage, and OPS.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (91)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)