Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 24, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Prince Fielder beat the shift in Tuesday’s Cactus League game against the Angels …
Feb 9, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Of course, he was healthy last year at this time too.
Feb 9, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Know we know which injured Texas Ranger is doing better.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The Rangers and Mitch Moreland settled on a $2.95 million salary for the 2015 season, avoiding arbitration.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 8, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Don’t click on this as if you don’t know exactly what you’re gonna get.
Jun 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Jun 24, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler homered Tuesday in his first plate appearance back in Arlington, Texas and then taunted his former teammates while trotting down the first base line.
Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Rangers last week, veteran first baseman is back in the majors as part of Texas’ never-ending need for injury reinforcements.
Jun 17, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The blows keep coming for the battered Rangers. According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, first baseman Mitch Moreland informed the club on Tuesday evening that he will undergo reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and miss the remainder of the 2014 season.
Jun 17, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
In their never-ending quest to find depth in a season filled with injuries, the Rangers have signed veteran first baseman Carlos Pena to a minor-league contract.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales can add another suitor to the list now that he is no longer attached to draft pick compensation.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 22, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The hits keep on coming for the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
In another brutal blow for the Rangers, Prince Fielder is tentatively scheduled to undergo cervical fusion surgery on Tuesday. He’s expected to miss the rest of the season.
May 22, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for the Rangers.
May 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Prince Fielder’s consecutive games played streak ended up 547 over the weekend when he missed back-to-back games with a herniated disk in his neck, but the Rangers first baseman is back in the lineup tonight against the Mariners.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)