Aug 2, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
It’s safe to say the Royals and Blue Jays won’t be getting dinner with each other anytime soon.
Jul 24, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. the Mets? How is that in any way fair?
Jul 6, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
And it flutters differently every time.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
But not even science could master the knuckleball.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
You’ve probably heard this advice for hitting knuckleballers before: If it’s low, let it go. If it’s high, let it fly. Well, Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval took that to the extreme tonight against R.A. Dickey of the Blue Jays…
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
His father died on Tuesday. R.A. Dickey gutted out a win last night.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
The Mets came from behind to beat the Blue Jays 4-3 in 11 innings tonight at Citi Field, snapping Toronto’s winning streak at 11 games.
Jun 13, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Russell Martin played hero for the second straight day as the Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 5-4 in 11 innings this afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Dillon Gee hits the DL, Bartolo Colon moves up a day, and Noah Syndergaard will come up Tuesday to make his MLB debut.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Josh Thole is up from Triple-A.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He’s in knuckleballer territory now.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“How many velocity questions are we going to have?”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)