Apr 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes is in the DH spot today, with Rajai Davis and Anthony Gose both in the lineup.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Indians catcher Yan Gomes was placed on the disabled list Sunday morning with what was labeled a right knee sprain. Now the exact diagnosis is in, via MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian …
Apr 12, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Gomes, 27, had 21 home runs and 74 RBI in 135 games last season for the Tribe. This is a big loss for a team that has championship aspirations.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:53 PM EDT
Gomes was injured after Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis slid into his leg.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Baseball technically has a rule against “fraternization.” It’s a dumb rule.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ben Revere broke a promise to Rajai Davis when the Phillies’ left fielder robbed a home run.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 6, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
He faced six batters and retired them all. And he cranked it up to 99 m.p.h.
Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s been over two years since Hanrahan was healthy and effective.
Nov 12, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet reports that the Blue Jays have traded outfielder Anthony Gose to the Tigers for second base prospect Devon Travis.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Manager Brad Ausmus pulled Davis from the game, replacing him in center field with Ezequiel Carrera.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
In addition to taking over for Austin Jackson in center field Davis has also hit .282 with a .721 OPS and 36 steals in 134 games.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Davis isn’t a big name, but he stepped in as the primary center fielder when the Tigers traded Austin Jackson to the Mariners in the three-team swap that netted them David Price from the Rays.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
As reported by Lynn G. Henning of the Detroit News, outfielder Rajai Davis suffered a Grade 1 strain of his pubic symphysis Saturday night while sprinting down the first base line on a second-inning groundout. It’s essentially a minor groin strain …
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)