San Diego Padres
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 25, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
The 22-year-old will take over as the Dodgers’ starting center fielder in 2015 after tallying 33 home runs and 30 stolen bases in 121 games last season at Triple-A. The hype machine is rolling.
Mar 25, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Yost said the way Ventura pitched in Game 6 of the 2014 World Series gave the entire team confidence that he is ready to be the leader of a pitching staff that lost James Shields this winter to free agency.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Mar 23, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
And it’s reportedly down to the Dodgers and Padres.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 20, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels figures to be a hot topic of conversation between now and the July 31 trade deadline as the Phillies continue to rebuild.
Mar 19, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Why doesn’t anyone believe in the defending American League champions?
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Mar 14, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Wil Nieves sounds like he’s ready to take over for Tim Federowicz as the Padres’ back-up catcher.
Mar 14, 2015, 3:13 PM EDT
Steve Kettman’s new book provides an interesting perspective on the Mets GM.
Mar 14, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The new version will include detachable padding to wear over a standard cap.
Mar 13, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Tim Federowicz has been diagnosed with a complete tear of the meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to six months.
Mar 13, 2015, 1:26 PM EDT
D-Train’s latest comeback has ended. And it looks like the end of the line.
Mar 13, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Chemistry doesn’t win ballgames. But it doesn’t hurt, and the Padres seem to have it in spades.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Why hasn’t Ethier been traded yet?
Feb 28, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
It’s odd to hear Jimmy Rollins say nice things about the Mets.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Eury Perez is the early favorite to take over in center field while Melvin Upton recovers from a foot injury.
Matt Kemp thinks the Padres have the best outfield in baseball. I don’t think he’s right about that.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
He’s forgetting, it seems, that outfields also play defense.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Quentin is still on the roster and under contract for $8 million, but San Diego added Justin Upton Matt Kemp, and Wil Myers in high-profile trades.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Cabrera will receive a $2.4 million salary and could max out at $3 million with incentives.
Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
He’s no one you want for millions a year, but on a cheap deal on the eve of spring training? Not too shabby a pickup.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)