San Diego Padres
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 19, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Myers hadn’t appeared in a game since May 10 and the discomfort in his left wrist obviously wasn’t going away.
May 16, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
If you’re going to hit your first career home run, why not make it a grand slam?
May 15, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Upton has been on the disabled list all season with a foot injury.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
The Padres are hopeful that Myers will only have to miss three or four days.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Nieves elected to become a free agent last week after being dropped from the 40-man roster by the Padres.
May 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
May 10, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Watch this feature from MLB Network on Andrew Cashner and his mother, who is fighting cancer …
May 8, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
He “screamed out in pain.”
May 8, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Let’s go back in time, shall we?
May 7, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
4-for-4 with two homers, two walks, and eight RBIs.
May 5, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
The 30-year-old righty was looking like a tremendous offseason find for the Padres on a one-year, $2.5 million free agent deal.
May 5, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 3, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
The Padres are expected to promote catching prospect Austin Hedges on Monday.
May 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Is Cole Hamels an ace? The numbers seem to indicate he is.
May 1, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Always productive, always hurt.
Apr 29, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Valverde opted out of a minor-league contract with the Padres three weeks ago.
Apr 29, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
He went under the knife 368 days earlier.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Note to Nori Aoki: if the ball is heading to center field against the Dodgers, you want to get back to the bag more quickly.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
“Can you pitch, Dustin? Like, every fifth day? I’m serious.”
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)