Mar 2, 2015, 8:17 AM EST
The lives of a couple of “Moneyball” players serves as a jumping off point for a good Monday morning rant.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Michael Saunders will return to the Blue Jays a lot sooner than anticipated.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Spring training is starting poorly for Toronto.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
The first day of full workouts is about as low stress as it gets for managers all season. I suppose that explains the plainspokenness.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
Saunders previously pitched for the Seattle in 2013 and posted an ugly 5.26 ERA and 107/61 K/BB ratio across 183 innings.
Feb 14, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
J.J. Hardy wanted to stay in Baltimore and would have signed an extension sooner if it had been entirely up to him.
Feb 12, 2015, 9:55 PM EST
Perez was once a mainstay in the Indians’ bullpen, making 70 or more appearances in three out of four seasons from 2008-2011.
Feb 12, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
A tough break for a promising young arm.
Feb 11, 2015, 7:02 PM EST
From Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports comes word that the Braves have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with veteran reliever Todd Coffey.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EST
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
This picture was taken at an Old Timers Day. Guy looks like he could still play.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:07 PM EST
Gutierrez has played a grand total of 173 games dating back to 2011 and sat out last season due to a gastrointestinal issue.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Corey Kluber won the AL Cy Young Award for his great 2014 season and now the Indians will have to consider whether or not they want to sign him to a contract extension.
Jan 25, 2015, 8:20 PM EST
The Mariners added some outfield depth, signing Endy Chavez to a minor league deal. They’re reportedly close to signing Franklin Gutierrez as well.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Franklin Gutierrez could make a return to the Mariners. The 31-year-old outfielder has had trouble staying healthy over the last few years.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM EST
Cano suffered a broken toe during the Japan Series in November and wants to test it out before spring training.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 PM EST
Was Carlos Delgado overlooked on the Hall of Fame ballot?
Jan 9, 2015, 6:11 PM EST
The Cubs and Chris Denorfia have officially agreed on a one-year, $2.6 million deal.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:53 AM EST
If you say now what the Sporting News said about pitcher wins in 1888, you’re labeled some sort of new age stats geek.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)