St. Louis Cardinals
Sep 4, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Jay missed the past two months with a wrist injury.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night against the Nationals with what was described as a minor back issue.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
Left-hander Tyler Lyons will start in Wacha’s place against the Nationals.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Getting healthy for October is the focus.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
Its like watching a car crash. No, wait: a tricycle accident.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s running out of time.
Aug 31, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
Marco Gonzales is expected to start in his place Tuesday.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn rolled his right ankle in the eighth inning of a shutout bid Saturday against the Giants and had to be pulled from the game, but it sounds like he is going to be fine.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Lance Lynn hurt his right ankle in the eighth inning of Saturday’s start versus the Giants.
Aug 27, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
He’s having an incredible season.
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Adams has been out since May 26 with a full tear of his right quad.
Aug 24, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
Or, let’s not. Because the pro-chemistry folks are bringing nothing new to the table.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Giants outfielder Juan Perez made one of the catches of the year Wednesday night at Busch Stadium …
Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 17, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
St. Louis’ outfield is very banged up.
Aug 16, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
The typical recovery and rehab time for a ruptured Achilles is 10-12 months, but Wainwright has his sights set on contributing again this season.
Aug 16, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 15, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki is 41 years old but hasn’t stopped racking up the hits. A single on Friday night put him in an unofficial tie with Ty Cobb.
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)