Tampa Bay Rays
Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 23, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Logan Forsythe is now likely to begin the season as the Rays’ primary second baseman.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
It was expected that he’d be the second baseman. But there are two reasons he won’t be. The Rays mention one of them.
Mar 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Some good news this weekend out of Rays camp …
Mar 18, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Rays right-hander Alex Colome was a late arriver to spring training this year because of visa issues in his native Dominican Republic and then he had to be sent to a local hospital with a case of pneumonia just a few days after unpacking his bags.
Mar 18, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
The Rays’ rotation is a pretty big mess, you guys.
Mar 17, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Cobb is being counted on to take over the top spot in Tampa Bay’s rotation.
Mar 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Assuming no setbacks, McGee is on track to join the Rays’ bullpen in late April or early May.
Mar 15, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
David Balfour was a longtime executive with the Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League, and when Grant returned from the funeral Sunday there was a touching tribute waiting for him …
Mar 15, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Rays left-hander Drew Smyly is making progress in his recovery from shoulder tendinitis, but he has not yet resumed throwing off a mound and looks to be running out of time.
Mar 14, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
The Rays are considering both internal and external options to fill two open rotation spots.
Mar 14, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Walters hit just .193 over 62 games last season, but launched 10 home runs in 137 plate appearances.
Mar 13, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Colome’s arrival to spring training was delayed until now by visa issues.
Mar 8, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
Drew Smyly is being viewed by many as a potential breakout candidate for the 2015 season, but this bit of news may throw a wrench into all of that …
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Hart is attempting to resurrect his career on a one-year deal as a part-timer in Pittsburgh.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
That’s a new one.
Feb 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Molina’s younger brother, Yadier Molina, is the Cardinals’ starting catcher.
Feb 23, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
Rays pitcher Drew Smyly says it’s unfair that a 19-year-old from the United States can’t get a similar bonus as Yoan Moncada.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Jose Molina, a few months shy of 40 years old, will have to undergo knee surgery.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times has the update …
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)