Tampa Bay Rays
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EST
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:48 PM EST
Hart is attempting to resurrect his career on a one-year deal as a part-timer in Pittsburgh.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:05 AM EST
That’s a new one.
Feb 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Molina’s younger brother, Yadier Molina, is the Cardinals’ starting catcher.
Feb 23, 2015, 6:22 PM EST
Rays pitcher Drew Smyly says it’s unfair that a 19-year-old from the United States can’t get a similar bonus as Yoan Moncada.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EST
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Jose Molina, a few months shy of 40 years old, will have to undergo knee surgery.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times has the update …
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EST
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 14, 2015, 4:37 PM EST
Moore remains on schedule for a June return.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
The Rays’ one-year deal with Asdrubal Cabrera has been made official. He’ll earn $7.5 million in 2015.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 7, 2015, 3:44 PM EST
More like Josh WALKman.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)