Tampa Bay Rays
Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has two home runs on Friday night, leaving him two round-trippers shy of tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
A-Rod is now three home runs away from tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Today is the day.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Dollar for dollar, this starter gives his team more value than just about anyone.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Apr 15, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Watch as Blue Jays left fielder Kevin Pillar climbs the wall to rob Tim Beckham of a home run …
Apr 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Daniel Norris thought it went 700 feet. Not quite. But pretty darn far.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 9, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Rays already lost first baseman James Loney earlier this week due to a mild right oblique strain, but now John Jaso will join him on the 15-day disabled list due to a jammed left wrist.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 8, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
Dykstra was the Padres’ first-round draft pick in 2008.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
Alex Cobb is beginning to make steady progress in his rehabilitation from right forearm tendinitis.
Apr 6, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The baserunner was out by 20 feet. And then he wasn’t.
Apr 4, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Drew Smyly is set to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s making encouraging progress from shoulder inflammation.
Apr 4, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
The deal guarantees Ventura $23 million.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays have acquired right-handed starter Erasmo Ramirez from the Mariners in exchange for left-hander Mike Montgomery.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Mar 30, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
He posted a 3.33 ERA in 70 appearances for the Padres in a limited role, logging a total of just 54 innings with a 51/33 K/BB ratio.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 23, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Logan Forsythe is now likely to begin the season as the Rays’ primary second baseman.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
It was expected that he’d be the second baseman. But there are two reasons he won’t be. The Rays mention one of them.
Mar 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Some good news this weekend out of Rays camp …
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 53
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)