Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 30, 2015, 3:28 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is likely to be activated off the disabled list Tuesday, September 1 when major league rosters expand, but it sounds like he’s going to be limited to pinch-hitting duties for a while.
Aug 30, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 29, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap from a busy Friday around MLB, including a dominant outing from Cole Hamels.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr.’s contract expires after the season. There’s a chance the Phillies decide to bring him back for the 2016 season.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 24, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
Or, let’s not. Because the pro-chemistry folks are bringing nothing new to the table.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 23, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for Adrian Beltre, who just became the all-time MLB games played leader among natives of the Dominican Republic when he stepped to bat in the top of the first inning Sunday afternoon in Detroit.
Aug 21, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Indians acquired Michael Choice from the Rangers after he was designated for assignment on Tuesday.
Aug 20, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Hamilton has mostly struggled for the Rangers.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
All three homers were surrendered by Mariners reliever Joe Beimel, who told MLB.com’s Greg Johns after the 7-2 loss that he felt a “grabbing” sensation in his left arm during the appearance.
Aug 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre has the numbers. But does he have the “fame?”
Aug 18, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The outfielder showed great promise in 2013, tallying 22 home runs and 22 stolen bases in 151 games, but he’s batted just .238/.300/.347 over the last two seasons.
Aug 17, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Darvish is five months removed from Tommy John surgery.
Aug 16, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Royals added some minor league pitching depth, signing Joba Chamberlain and Wandy Rodriguez on Sunday.
Aug 16, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner beat the Nationals all by himself on Sunday, homering and striking out 14 in a shutout.
Aug 15, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Watch all five of Jackie Bradley, Jr.’s extra-base hits in Saturday’s 22-10 win against the Mariners.
Aug 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox ran roughshod over the Mariners again on Saturday, scoring 22 runs after putting up 15 on Friday.
Aug 15, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Matt Kemp completed the first cycle in Padres history.
Aug 14, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Leonys Martin could miss the rest of the season with a broken hamate bone in his right hand.
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 13, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Hamilton’s nightmare season continues apace
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 17
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)