Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
As of mid-February reports had Tim Hudson behind schedule in his recovery from offseason ankle surgery, but …
Feb 18, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy acknowledged to MLB.com’s Chris Haft on Wednesday that Tim Hudson is behind schedule in his recovery from January ankle surgery, putting the veteran’s status in doubt for the beginning of the regular season.
Feb 6, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Tim Hudson will enter his 17th major league season and it appears it may be his last.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 6, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Tim Hudson underwent surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 18, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
He’ll make $12 million in 2015.
Nov 16, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
This is about a week old but still pretty hilarious.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
As he has done for a decade, really.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was plunked in the left leg — just above his knee — in the bottom of the second inning by Giants starter Tim Hudson and took a long time to make it back to his feet and then down to first base. But he’s back out there behind the plate for the top of the third inning.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
“When you’re a little kid in the backyard, you always think of World Series games and hitting home runs to win a Game 7 of the World Series or pitching in a big game,” Hudson said. “I’m no different than anybody else.”
Oct 29, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Gambling is bad, of course.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Recent history has definitely favored the home team, which has won each of the past nine Game 7’s.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Two days removed from a 117-pitch shuout, the Giants ace says he can and will pitch if needed tonight.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
The last game of the season.
Oct 28, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost announced to the media Tuesday in Kansas City — a few hours prior to Game 6 of the World Series — that Jeremy Guthrie will get the nod if his club is able to force a Game 7.
Madison Bumgarner tosses 5-0 shutout in Game 5 to send Giants up 3-2 in the World Series over the Royals
Oct 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Giants head to Kansas City for Game 6 of the World Series against the Royals with a 3-2 series lead after Madison Bumgarner tossed a 5-0 shutout on Sunday night.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 142
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)