Jul 31, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Giants placed Tim Hudson on the disabled list, which created room on the roster for incoming pitcher Mike Leake.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:24 AM EDT
Leake has a 3.56 ERA and 90/34 K/BB ratio in 136 2/3 innings over 21 starts this season.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 26, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Tim Hudson beat the team that drafted him to complete the task of defeating all 30 major league teams. He’s the 15th to do so.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
Machi was designated for assignment to make room for Tim Hudson’s return from the disabled list.
Jul 17, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Tim Hudson returns Monday.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s only had six plate appearances since being recalled in late June.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 8, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Let’s go back in time, shall we?
May 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
A stroke of luck bailed the Giants out in the ninth inning when their bullpen went into meltdown mode.
May 2, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
One of the best pitchers in baseball history tells us how he’d approach the best player of this generation.
May 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Tim Hudson still sounds like he’s going to retire after the 2015 season.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
As of mid-February reports had Tim Hudson behind schedule in his recovery from offseason ankle surgery, but …
Feb 18, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy acknowledged to MLB.com’s Chris Haft on Wednesday that Tim Hudson is behind schedule in his recovery from January ankle surgery, putting the veteran’s status in doubt for the beginning of the regular season.
Feb 6, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Tim Hudson will enter his 17th major league season and it appears it may be his last.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 6, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Tim Hudson underwent surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 18, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
He’ll make $12 million in 2015.
Nov 16, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
This is about a week old but still pretty hilarious.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)