Feb 27, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
New Twins manager Paul Molitor cracked down on electronics usage in his first address to the full squad at spring training.
Dec 29, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
No one has worn his number 21 since 1996. But they give out Wade Boggs’ number 26 to anyone.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Based on these results, no, we will not stick to baseball. Because you clearly don’t want us to.
Dec 3, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
It was quite an introductory press conference in Minnesota.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
From USA Today’s Bob Nightengale comes word that the Twins have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with veteran outfielder Torii Hunter. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal confirms the news, adding that the one-year pact is worth $10.5 million.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Hunter makes his offseason home in Texas.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
It’s down to the Orioles, Rangers, Mariners, and possibly the Twins as Torii Hunter’s next destination, according to a recent report.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
Torii Hunter could be headed back to where it all began.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter has been lukewarm, but he represents a decent Plan B or C for a handful of teams.
Nov 20, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
With the Tigers out, the Jays are in.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 14, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
“We probably won’t re-sign Torii.”
Nov 8, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Mets don’t appear to be in the market for Torii Hunter’s services.
Nov 8, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
The Twins and Royals are among the possibilities.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He was drafted by the Twins in 1993 and played for them until 2007, when he left as a free agent.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Hunter hit .286 with 17 homers and a .765 OPS in 142 games this season and has topped a .750 OPS every season since 2000.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 5
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 14
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)