Aug 16, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Royals added some minor league pitching depth, signing Joba Chamberlain and Wandy Rodriguez on Sunday.
Aug 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
They were unable to find a taker for him via trade.
Jun 26, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Matt Harrison could rejoin the Rangers’ rotation before the All-Star break.
Jun 17, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT
Hatcher is probably looking at a three-week absence. Van Slyke is starting in left field and batting sixth in his return to action Wednesday night against the Rangers.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 21, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Victorino is dealing with general soreness which is “centralized somewhat” in his left calf.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 3, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks ago Rodriguez was believed to be penciled into a rotation spot.
Apr 2, 2015, 9:57 PM EDT
It was announced on Monday that right-hander Trevor Cahill had secured a spot in the Diamondbacks’ starting rotation, but there could be a change of plans.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 20, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez appears to have locked up a spot in the Braves’ starting rotation.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Jan 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez was reportedly set to sign a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
If Wandy Rodriguez passes his physical, the Phillies are expected to sign him to a minor league deal.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 22, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Pittsburgh catcher Russell Martin is back off the disabled list after missing the past month with a strained hamstring and to make room for him on the roster the Pirates have designated for assignment left-hander Wandy Rodriguez.
Apr 26, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Pirates placed Russell Martin on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Apr 21, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez was scheduled to start Thursday for the Pirates, but instead the left-hander has been placed on the disabled list with right knee inflammation.
Apr 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Left-hander Jeff Locke is recovered from an oblique injury and off the disabled list, but rather than adding him to the active roster the Pirates have demoted him to Triple-A.
Mar 26, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Pittsburgh Pirates. The Big Question: Is regression inevitable? The Pirates’ long-term trajectory looks good. 2013 National League MVP Andrew McCutchen is…
Feb 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has a follow-up to A.J. Burnett signing a one-year, $16 million deal with the Phillies, reporting that the free agent right-hander turned down a one-year, $12 million deal from the Pirates. At the beginning of the offseason Pittsburgh chose not to make Burnett a one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer that would…
Feb 9, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez started off strong for the Pirates, posting a 3.47 ERA through his first 11 starts of the 2013 season. He retired just one batter in his next start on June 5 against the Braves, however, and soon after went on the disabled list with a strained left forearm. He would spend the rest…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)