Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
He has a 2.56 ERA and a 72/31 K/BB ratio over 102 innings on the season.
May 14, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Milwaukee called up 21-year-old prospect Luis Sardinas to fill in the position.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 26, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
It will be Gallardo’s sixth straight Opening Day start and first as a member of the Rangers.
Mar 20, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels figures to be a hot topic of conversation between now and the July 31 trade deadline as the Phillies continue to rebuild.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Mar 13, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Kyle Lohse will start on Opening Day for the Brew Crew.
Mar 7, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t expected to trade for Dillon Gee or Cole Hamels following the Yu Darvish news.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Padres general manager A.J. Preller has been very active on the trade front this offseason, but he might not be done yet.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said he’s not looking to add a notable starting pitcher.
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EDT
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
The Brewers and Rangers are reviewing medical records. Assuming there are no red flags, Yovani Gallardo will head to Texas.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Gallardo posted an ERA above 4.00 last season for the first time in his career, but bounced back to throw 192 innings with a 3.51 ERA this year at age 28.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Gallardo has bounced back from an up-and-down 2013 season to post a career-best 3.51 ERA with a 146/54 K/BB ratio in 192 innings.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 34
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 39
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)