Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 29, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Nick Martinez beat out the field to win the final spot in the Rangers’ starting rotation.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
It will be Gallardo’s sixth straight Opening Day start and first as a member of the Rangers.
Mar 21, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
The Rangers could address their pitching depth on two fronts with a trade with the Marlins.
Mar 20, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
There’s been a significant amount of seasons cut short due to injury recently and Justin Verlander thinks he knows why.
Mar 20, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels figures to be a hot topic of conversation between now and the July 31 trade deadline as the Phillies continue to rebuild.
Mar 17, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
Darvish will miss the entire 2015 season and probably the first month of the 2016 season.
Mar 13, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Darvish sought three opinions on his sprained elbow ligament and they all recommended Tommy John surgery.
Mar 12, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Another day, another injured Rangers pitcher.
Mar 11, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
Dr. James Andrews looms as the third opinion.
Mar 9, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Darvish was recently diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow and season-ending Tommy John surgery could be in his future.
Mar 8, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Yu Darvish won’t be using his right arm for a while, so he took infield practice as a lefty.
Mar 8, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Hamels posted a terrific 2.46 ERA (151 ERA+) and 8.7 K/9 in 204 2/3 innings last season for Philadelphia.
Mar 7, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t expected to trade for Dillon Gee or Cole Hamels following the Yu Darvish news.
Mar 7, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Awful news here for the Rangers and baseball fans in general.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Darvish spent the final six weeks of last season on the disabled list.
Mar 1, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was colorful in responding to critics who think he quit on the Rangers last year due to an elbow injury.
Jan 21, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was shut down prematurely in 2014 due to inflammation in his pitching elbow, but he’s had a fairly normal offseason and should be 100 percent heading into the opening of the 2015 campaign.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Darvish missed the final six weeks of the season with an elbow injury.
Sep 6, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
If you want to see Yu Darvish pitch, you’ll have to wait until 2015.
ESPN’s Calvin Watkins doubles down on his Yu Darvish nonsense. Also fails to understand how the DL works.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
In which an ESPN analyst apparently believes that the disabled list is like the NFL’s injured reserve.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Capping off a disappointing first year with the Rangers, Shin-Soo Choo is headed for season-ending elbow surgery.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
If he’s done, Darvish will finish his third MLB season with a 3.06 ERA in 22 starts, leading the league in strikeout rate for the second year in a row at 11.3 per nine innings.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)