Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
The Dodgers scored a pair of runs in the third inning after benefiting from a reviewed tag play.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
The Cardinals and Giants are aiming to head home with 2-0 series leads. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Nationals will be looking to rebound after tough Game 1 losses.
Oct 3, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Greinke is set to start Game 2 against the Cardinals after throwing 202 innings with a 2.71 ERA and 207/43 K/BB ratio during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu hasn’t pitched in a game since September 12 due to shoulder inflammation.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu will test his injured shoulder in a simulated game Wednesday. He’s hoping to start Game 3 of the NLDS in St. Louis.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Kershaw and Greinke four times in five games?
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Have you ever wondered what Juan Uribe would be like as a manager? You can find out on Sunday afternoon.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu didn’t throw as expected on Friday, but hopes to do so before the weekend is over. He’s hoping to return to the Dodgers in time for the playoffs.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke get most of the attention in the Dodgers’ rotation–and rightfully so–but Ryu has also been fantastic with a 3.12 ERA in 53 starts since signing a six-year, $36 million contract with Los Angeles last offseason.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski says the Royals’ plan is finally falling into place and has their fans believing they can get back to the glory days of the 1970s.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Zack Greinke skipped his usual between-starts bullpen session because of elbow soreness and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly declined to say whether he expected the right-hander to take his next turn in the rotation Thursday against the Padres.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Matt Carpenter walked, Kolten Wong singled, Matt Holliday singled, and Matt Adams homered as the Cardinals plated four runs before Dodgers starter Zack Greinke could even record an out Saturday in an eventual 4-2 victory at a sold-out Busch Stadium.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The Dodgers starters strike out more batters than almost everyone else. They walk fewer than everyone else. That’s a pretty good way to live life.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)